Northwest Alpine Guides is currently seeking guides for our upcoming spring and summer climbing season. We pride ourselves on hiring the most highly qualified guides in the industry – guides who possess the experience, training, judgement and interpersonal skills to provide our guests with the adventures they deserve. If you would like to apply, please verify that you meet the following requirements, then send your documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Northwest Alpine Guides does not offer internships or unpaid apprenticeships.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant is legally able to work in the United States.
- Submit Outdoor Employment Resume
- Submit Climbing Resume
- Submit Seasonal Work Availability
- Submit current Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification.
- Submit current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Submit current Leave No Trace Trainer (LNT) certification.
- Submit Avalanche Level 1 or higher certification.
- Submit American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) certifications and/ or documentation of completed coursework.
Leave No Trace Trainer, Avalanche 1 or higher, and AMGA certifications are not required but do carry additional weight in the hiring process. The following AMGA courses meet most of our terrain guidelines: 10-day Rock Guide Course (RGC), 5-day Alpine Skills Course (ASC), 9-day Alpine Guide Course (AGC).
Mountain Gurus / Northwest Alpine Guides provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.